Jumu’ah Announcements for February 9 / Jumadal-Ula 23
Assalamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
1. As part of Black History Month we are pleased to welcome Shaikh Abdullah Hakim Quick TOMORROW (Saturday, February 10) for a lecture on "The First Hijra: African Muslims from Makkah to the Americas". Dinner will be served at 5:30 pm followed by the lecture. Donations to help offset costs are welcome. Feel free to bring a dessert dish to share afterwards.
2. ISK Fund Raising Committee hereby invites all Ambassadors to a free 2-hour
Training Workshop provided by ANFIQ on Sunday February 11 from 1:00 p.m.
to 3:00 p.m. Insha’Allah. All community members interested in joining our Ambassadors Team are welcome to attend the Workshop. Refreshments will be served. Please also note that the International Brunch will be held on Sunday February 25 from 11 am to 2 pm Insha Allah. Invite your friends, family and neighbours Insha Allah
3. The ISK Robotics club is now meeting weekly on Sundays from noon until 3 pm Insha Allah.
4. A reminder that the ISK Membership is due for renewal for 2018. Your membership is required before February 25, 2018 in order to vote in the AGM, to be held Sunday, March 25, 2018.
5. Being ME - Muslimah Empowered 7th Annual Women’s Conference is being held on Saturday, March 31 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Contact Sr. Mona Rahman for tickets. Early bird price is $25 until February 11.
6. We are still in need of volunteers to drive brothers from both Joyceville and Collins Bay Penitentiaries to and from Jumu’ah at the masjid. Please help our brothers connect to the masjid and the community Insha Allah. Contact Imam Abdullah El-Asmar, Imam Ali Islam or Sr. Mona Rahman.