Jumu’ah Announcements for February 2 / Jumadal-Ula 16
Assalamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
1. Our Masjid in Kingston will start a major fundraising campaign
starting on February 23 till March 24, 2018 Insha'Allah. We are looking
for volunteers to help us spread some motivating messages during the 4
week campaign. We name any one helping in this campaign as ISK
Ambassadors. The time commitment is very limited: just attend a 2-hour
training (could be online video and
presentation), receive messages from the fundraising committee and
spread these messages across your groups and contacts. No push to donate
at all. Please let Sis. Ulfat know in person or e-mail at:
firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to help! JAK
May Allah accept all our good deeds!
2. Tonight join QUMSA for its last event for Islam Awareness Week on campus. Journey To Islam - Stories Of Converts will be held in Dunning 11 starting at 6 pm Insha Allah. Tonight’s STRiVE session for youth will be held at this event on campus. Also, there is an interactive booth set up in the JDUC until 3pm today Insha Allah.
3. The ISK School is holding its Parent-Teacher Meet & Greet on Saturday starting at 5:30 pm. Please be sure to sign up online for a time slot with your child’s teacher for one-on-one meetings.
4. On Sunday, there will be a special program for Seniors (ages 60+) from 9-10:30 am. Breakfast will be served. You may also bring one care giver if needed with you.
5. As part of Black History Month we are pleased to welcome Shaikh Abdullah Hakim Quick on Saturday, February 10 for a lecture on "The First Hijra: African Muslims from Makkah to the Americas". Dinner will be served at 5:30 pm followed by the lecture. Please RSVP by Wednesday to help plan for dinner.
6. We are still in need of volunteers to drive brothers from both Joyceville and Collins Bay Penitentiaries to and from Jumu’ah at the masjid. Please help our brothers connect to the masjid and the community Insha Allah.
7. A reminder that the ISK Membership is due for renewal for 2018. Your membership is required before February 25, 2018 in order to vote in the AGM, to be held Sunday, March 25, 2018.
8. A reminder to not park in the areas designated for dropping off/picking beside the building. These are also for loading/unloading. WHEN YOU PARK THERE, YOU ARE INCONVENIENCING CHILDREN AND ELDERLY PEOPLE. On Friday, If the primary parking area is full, please use the overflow area behind the house as well as the one on the West side of the primary parking area.